Example of AGORA project at VEOLIA, Steering the deployment of a major software package
Veolia Environnement launched the AGORA project to federate the group’s accounting, financial, and buy up processes and systems using the SAP software package.
This was an ambitious project, requiring close coordination of the numerous parties involved within a tight schedule. To ensure targets were reached, Veolia Environnement decided to call on the services of an independent consultancy firm specialized in major project PMO to assist it.
We adopted a pragmatic approach, using leveraged methods adapted to the project context. We:
- Framed the steering of the project, taking all stakeholders into consideration
- Coordinated the various instances (from domain committees to project committees)
- Assisted in contracting to the various service providers, in particular to guarantee the compatibility of targets and monitoring methods
- Set up methods for monitoring deliverables and obtaining a larger management vision
- Assisted in selecting and rolling out a steering tool (CA CLARITY) to facilitate technical and financial follow-up of the program and various deployments
- Provided operational steering of the pilot sites, planning (lead times / resources), coordination of the various instances and close monitoring of the key domains
- Assisted in industrializing the various deployments
The AGORA package was successfully deployed at the group’s Head Office and at the Veolia Eau France, Veolia Energie Benelux, Veolia Propreté UK, Veolia Transport and Veolia Campus entities.
The Project eventually targets all of the group’s SOX entities, i.e. over 20,000 users. The close-knit character of the project teams, which were entirely dedicated to the project and to achieving its ambitious targets, reflected the project’s high-quality steering.
Veolia was awarded the “SAP EMEA Quality award” for its AGORA project, in particular for the project’s high-quality management